God's beloved ones
Aunna

Joy.Kelly.Qiufen.
Yanqi.Weishan.Evelyn
Qiuling.Wendy.Yanfen.

Charis.Rachel.Chrislyn.
kirsten.Yuanting.Jazreel.
Tammie.Abby heng.Huimin.
Lynette.Michelle.Huiqi
Eunice.Angela.Annabel.
Nataline.Helen.Qiumin


Read about us


TAGS


Hitz
The Past,Present & Future






CREDITS
designer of this skin? hope. resources obtained from gender and swimchick.


Thursday, June 07, 2007

Heyz all you young and youthfy people,

Are you all geared up for the Youth Camp especially planned for you? If you are still floating around and reading this post at 1.43pm, Thursday, then you are obviously not at the right place!

You know, I've been reflecting on this Youth Camp and the sign up. This is obviously not the first time we're having a youth camp and I'd have thought that by this time people would be clamoring to make this camp the BIGGEST EVENT OF THEIR LIVES (ok, at least for the June holidays. Hey, you don't have much to look forward to in the June holidays, do you? :smile: )

Anyway, we all know how it is in general. People sign up and then realize they can only be there for a day or half a day. Then some sign up and withdraw due to other commitments. *tsk tsk!* (Nope, I am not pointing fingers here. Just taking a step back to look at the situation and making some comments on it.)

Okay, let's analyze this as a case study. Seriously, where are our hearts? And how important do we view this Youth Camp? Oh sure, some would say, "It's just another church camp." But the fact remains, "It is THE church camp. And I mean THE TRIBE camp." Now, wouldn't that make the Youth Camp be in high priority for those who are "er-hem" youths?

If you know me by now, it would not take you long to guess that I would have been one of those who would sign up for the Youth Camp long ago. That is, if I am still a youth! (Though I must maintain that I am still very much like one at heart! :lol:) And by the way, if I were still schooling, and really, IF I am a student at this point in time, I'd drop all my work and skip my lessons to go for the camp. *At this point in time, I can hear gasp of horror... What!? Aunty Kelly is advocating that we skip our lessons!!? That is sooo "un-Christian" and so naughty! How can!?*

O come on, give me a break. Honestly, is skipping a tutorial or two that serious? And hey, I am not saying we should skip lessons during the school term. It's the holidays now! What is a holiday if we are still made to go back to school?... That's be quite a farce, wouldn't it?

And while I think studies are important, it is not that important to warrant the seat at the pinnacle of my "very-high-priority-list". Ok then, so does that mean church activities are very very important? Actually, the answer is no. The activities are not very important but where your heart belongs and what it makes a stand for is very very important.

Perhaps you'd say that it's just Weird Kelly trying to make her point again but I'd say this, we
NEED to make a stand. Let's just say for now that I am as student. If I am a student, then my responsibility is to study. But I think there is a limit to what we are responsible for. And if people are just shoving supplementary lessons down our throats, it's time to spit them out.

Call me crazy, but I think after studying for so many semesters, it's ok to give school a miss during the holidays. (Argh! It's the holidays! Give us our freedom!) And if the school really wants to call my parents over a lesson missed, I don't care two hoots about it.

Think about this, formal education in an institute is something impressed upon the society in the 1000s. And I really wonder (in our modern context) if it has freed us or enslaved us.

Kelly's battlefield cry today: Study all you can, learn all you can, but never be enslaved by the institution!

And Mark Twain puts it more aptly, "Never let school interfere with your education".



~Kelly
"It's more blessed to give than to receive"


P.S. The above thoughts and reflections belong solely to Kelly Low. It does not imply that my G12 mother or sisters agree with what I think or say. What is said remains the property of Kelly. All rights reserved!

I'm Gonna Touch the Sky!
1:08 PM