God's beloved ones
Aunna

Joy.Kelly.Qiufen.
Yanqi.Weishan.Evelyn
Qiuling.Wendy.Yanfen.

Charis.Rachel.Chrislyn.
kirsten.Yuanting.Jazreel.
Tammie.Abby heng.Huimin.
Lynette.Michelle.Huiqi
Eunice.Angela.Annabel.
Nataline.Helen.Qiumin


Read about us


TAGS


Hitz
The Past,Present & Future






CREDITS
designer of this skin? hope. resources obtained from gender and swimchick.


Tuesday, March 03, 2009

















--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JESUS LOVES CHRISLYN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st March was a fateful day.

It started off with my absence for Expo service cos I could not wake up on time. I was hungover due to several late nights and especially from the non-stop physical training I received during my school's dance camp over the weekend. I was like a walking corpse the entire morning until I found out that I lost my purse and was jolted out of that state. I think I was under a lot of stress from everything (school work, emotional stuff) and was experiencing some degree of fatigue that I broke down and became quite hysterical. Also, I am talking about some 200plus bucks in that purse, funds I claimed from my dance treasurer the day before, and all the cards that would, besides the hassle, cost me quite a bit to replace. (AND I just dropped a wallet last month and it wasn't returned)

I started asking God if it were some sort of punishment for something I had done which was wrong. But, I know God is a loving father. He wouldn't do that. Then I wondered if it were yet again another lesson that He wanted me to learn something from. Well, there's always a lesson to be learnt from every mistake and for this instance, it was because I hadn't been alert. But there was more to that. Something greater. Initially, I thought it was probably regarding the issue of money.. about not serving two masters at the same time. . but I had this feeling which told me it wasn't. This was not an issue I was struggling with. As I searched deeper, I began to discover that it was about faith and persistence. As I began to pray, I felt that I was on the right track. The outcome of whether I would retrieve my purse back remained bleak.

BUT I KEPT PRAYING. And I even reviewed my prayer and made sure I didn't sound like a defeatist when I pray. I remembered how Ps Khong said we have to claim the promises of God and pray as though the prayer had been answered. And also, how we should continue to praise God in the face of trials, tests etc.

To sum it up, I got a call and got my purse back (actually i got several calls from him but my phone batt went flat! OMG right. Doesn't this sound contrived?! =)). Thanks to the driver who saw my purse on the road where I dropped it and had the integrity to return my purse and its contents in entirety! And he wanted nothing back. No moolah no nothing. Not even when I offered to write in a letter of compliment for him. He didn't want it.

2 things I'd remember from this saga:

    1. The tremedous integrity of the man.
    2. Emoonah/אמונה (Hebrew) - faith. God wanted to push me to persist in prayer and have more faith in him. I can testify that Faith do wonders. I had always questioned about destiny and prayer. That is, if God had destined for an event to happen, why pray? And since we have to pray for God's will to be done, then why pray for something to happen? But now I know that it isn't true. In that way, I was actually being pedantic. Or rather, I had a distorted view of how prayer works.
I can't thank the person enough and more importantly, I can't thank God enough for his grace (today's sermon!).

Alrighty. I hope this brief recount/testimony can bless you all in some ways or another.

Praise the Lord!

Written by: Chrislyn Tay on 1 March
Posted by: Kelly Low

I'm Gonna Touch the Sky!
10:33 AM