God's beloved ones
Aunna

Joy.Kelly.Qiufen.
Yanqi.Weishan.Evelyn
Qiuling.Wendy.Yanfen.

Charis.Rachel.Chrislyn.
kirsten.Yuanting.Jazreel.
Tammie.Abby heng.Huimin.
Lynette.Michelle.Huiqi
Eunice.Angela.Annabel.
Nataline.Helen.Qiumin


Read about us


TAGS


Hitz
The Past,Present & Future






CREDITS
designer of this skin? hope. resources obtained from gender and swimchick.


Friday, March 20, 2009

What's in a name?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
What's in a name? To some, it represents their destiny and to others it means nothing. As most know, I have a boyish sounding Mandarin name. I don't mind the meaning of it, but was rather put off by the way the name came about - through a fortune teller! It was wonderful when God gave me a new Mandarin name at one of the Encounters which I attended. Now my Mandarin name has more spunk and direction to it!

But Mandarin name aside, I have an English name that's representative of me. Kelly in the Gaelic language means "brave warrior (or warrioress, in my case)". This morning, as I was traveling to work, I received a new name after my not-so-interesting-talk with Mr S. A. Tan (read previous post).

I am proud to present to you Kelly Ruth Esther Low. My oh my, you may say, "What loooong name you've got!" Yup, that's my new unofficial name. From a biblical point of view, a name determines the fate of the person, or at times, even a nation!

Ruth is a woman of the Bible whom I admire a great deal. Imagine a day when you lose everything u have and yet choose to walk into an uncertain future with an old lady in tow (and the old lady happens to be your mother-in-law). Wow. Even the people in Naomi's homeland were appreciative and applauded Ruth's love for her mother-in-law (MIL).

Now, what really hits the nail in the eye is that Ruth subjected herself to do what her MIL asked her to do in chapter 3. She didn't say to her MIL, "O mother, but that Boaz is an old man!" Ok, so Boaz is older, maybe not exactly a wizened old man, but still, from Boaz's reply to Ruth in chapter 3 verse 10, it did imply that Ruth could have gotten someone younger.

So, in a nut shell, Ruth is a woman of love and faithfulness and I want to be like her.

Now, how about Esther? Esther was obedient to her uncle, Mordecai, and did as he instructed her. But I really like Esther for her humanness. Like all normal homo sapiens facing great calamity, Esther exhibited some form of fear in chapter 4. But she chose to do the right thing and decided that her life is in God's hands when she cried "If I perish, I perish!"

What words of courage! I really like it and so I constantly remind myself that like Esther, my life and fate belongs to God too. If Kelly perish, she perish!

Also, Esther allowed the king's eunuch to help her in chapter 2 verse 15. She's one smart lass and I'm definitely going to learn this trait of hers! The rest of the girls in the harem chose what they thought was best for them, but Esther took what the eunuch chose for her. It's really the best thing to do because the eunuch knows the king much much better.

Ok, now that you have read about Ruth and Esther, don't you think they are good names for a girl like me? Kelly the warrioress coupled with Ruth the faithful-loyal and Esther the woman-who-leaves-her-life-in-God's-hands definite makes me shine.

Henceforth, I shall be known as Kelly Ruth Esther Low!

Encountered by: Kelly 7.50am 20 March 2009

I'm Gonna Touch the Sky!
12:11 PM